Friday, January 20, 2012

Frustration

Lately I've been frustrated with the lack of progress in my weight loss journey... I seem to be stuck within the same 10 lbs... I'll go down 2 or 3 and then I'm up the next day.... Back and forth! Drives me nuts! I've been so frustrated that I've started doing extra cardio & extra ab work to get rid of the weight from the tummy down. As far as I'm concerned, I've totally met goal on the top half of the body just have to work on the bottom half now.

Looking back on my life since I started this journey, I see many changes (small victories) that have happened over this time. I started eating more veggies, drinking more water and increasing my exercise level. I added spaghetti squash, zucchini & eggplant to my veggie vocabulary. I've "upgraded" my coffee from triple, triple with cream & sugar to black with 2 Splenda. I'm taking Vitamin B complex to help break down fats, proteins & carbs. I am taking conjugated linoleic acid (aka omega 6 fatty acid) from safflower oil to break down the fat in the midsection, glucose tolerance factor chromium for better glucose transfer and vitamin C to help boost my immune system. I am making better choices when it comes to activity now too. I don't usually buy treats to watch a movie... I'm walking more... I don't turn down any opportunity to be more active...

In a way I feel like I'm a different person and yet this is the person who was inside all the time. I'm discovering that I wasn't really a couch potato but I became one as my more active self became bored and shut down. I still love sitting at the computer or watching a movie but I'm not choosing to do that over a more active option.

Instead of food as a reward, I've been rewarding any progress with new clothes.... Not just any clothes... A decadent favourite... Ralph Lauren... I love his clothes and haven't really fit much except the largest men's size golf shirts in a long time. This week I bought myself a black pair of Lauren by Ralph Lauren jeans. This is a big victory on my part because this is the first of his actual women's line that I've been able to fit into. This is just big encouragement to keep going.

The best part of this weight loss journey is that it's been feeding my insatiable need for learning. I have been like a big sponge and taking in all that I can. I make educated decisions about the things that I eat and drink... I listen to the voices of experience I have connected with via Facebook & Atkins diet websites... I am happy to help anyone else who wants to work on their weight loss as well...

My goal for this blog is to share my victories, the things I've learned & maybe a few frustrations here & there... I look forward to hearing your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment